Monday, September 26, 2016

Western Martial Arts...Now In the East!!!

I have been quietly if profoundly sneering at the NFL player's drama queen antics this year and being quite grateful that I have a great college team to root for.

Until I suddenly didn't.


8Wisconsin
Badgers
(4-0)
30
17Michigan State
Spartans
(2-1)
6


So I drifted off in search of other sports.  At this time of the year there is still baseball and my mother's people were cursed with being fans of the Cubs.  If I have to root for a loser, why not go with the team that are experts at it?

It turns out the Cubs have an actual chance this year and I cannot deal with the kind of heartbreak that will come from them losing again...which they will do!!!

So I searched a bit further abroad for sports entertainment.  Sumo wrestling was a possibility but I haven't been able to get into that since Asashōryū Akinori was suspended and that was total political bullshit because he is Mongolian. 

And then I ran across this little delicacy from Eastern Europe.



Check it out!  Hilt marks on that guy's sheild.  Means he really like to get in soooper tight during a match.

And yeah I already knew that before I saw this clip.



This is something that is actually being taken seriously in Eastern Europe.  You can tell from the age of the champions  At the last Battle of the Nations the average age of the European combatant was nineteen.  The tragic American representation was on average forty-nine.

NO, I was not one of them.




I would have been expected to pay my on air fare and that wasn't happening. 

No comments: