Sunday, June 12, 2016

The GOP Is The New Margret Dumont




The Tartuffry is so thick from the Establishment you could cut it with a knife.

"GOP Leaders Deeply Embarrassed by Trump's Judge Comment." 

"GOP Shudders At Trump's Pocahontas Joke."  

It's like they are suddenly this rotund, middle aged spinster from the 1930s.  Constantly shocked and fluttering their hands just above their over-sized bosoms.  Appalled by the gauche antics of their new candidate.


Trump: I suppose you'll think me a sentimental old fluff, but would you mind giving me a lock of your hair?
GOP: A lock of my hair? Why, I had no idea you ... 
 Trump: I'm letting you off easy. I was gonna ask for the whole wig!

GOP: I've sponsored your appointment because I feel you are the most able statesman in all America.
Trump: Well, that covers a lot of ground. Say, you cover a lot of ground yourself! You'd better beat it; I hear they're going to tear you down and put up an office building where you're standing!


Trump: Why don't you marry me?
GOP: Why, marry you?
Trump: You take me, and I'll take a vacation. I'll need a vacation if we're going to get married. Married! I can see you right now in the kitchen, bending over a hot stove. But I can't see the stove!


GOP:(kittenish after Donald steals a peck): You make me think of my youth.
Trump: Really? He must be a big boy by now.


Trump: Remember, you're fighting for this GOP's honor, which is more than it ever did!


 I get some of this.  The Republican Party has acquired a reputation for probity.  The old guys who joined back when it was the party of Yale elites. They definitely did not join the GOP "in order to get chummy with guys who have rusting driers in their front yard, drink home made liquor out of mason jars and sleep with their sisters."

Bad new old timers.  Thanks to Craft Distilleries, Up-cycled Appliances and Game of Thrones, all three are incredibly fashionable.

Welcome to the 21st Century Mrs Teasdale.  Now get over yourself, your Dowager act is seventy years out of date. 

No comments: