Thursday, February 25, 2016

So I'm Not The Only One Unimpressed With #Oscarssowhite

Oscar winner Jaime Foxx has advice for Will Smith


Yeah that Jaime Foxx



"Try acting better."

'All these Oscar talks, I don't even trip about that. I mean, what's the big deal? I was sitting at home with my Oscar, like 'What's all the hubbub?' Foxx said at Sunday night's event, as he was introducing producer Will Packer for the Distinguished ABFF Alumni Award.

'My friend said, "Are you mad?" "Um, kind of, but not really,"' Foxx continued. 'I started calling Denzel [Washington], and we just Instagrammed our Oscars together.'

He also made fun of Smith's Nigerian accent in the film Concussion, for which the 47-year-old actor only received a Golden Globes nomination of the three major American award ceremonies.

Foxx finished his bit by calling out '#WhatsTheBigDeal?' and '#ActBetter' - with the audience reportedly roaring with laughter.

As he changed the subject to acting legend Sidney Poitier, Foxx explained whey he doesn't care so much for the #OscarsSoWhite movement.

'I was with Sidney Poitier just a couple weeks ago, and in 1963 all he asked for was an opportunity to act,' Foxx said. 'That's all we have to do, opportunity. If you turn the camera on and say "OK . . . win an award . . . and action," we'll all have taken, like, 10 steps back. It's all about the art. Who cares about anything else?'


I don't know about this Act Better thing.  It flies in the face of a lot of Hollywood tradition.

Speaking of not acting any better.  It turns out I'm also not the only one who thinks The Revenant is beautifully shot hot garbage.

I rule out Leonardo immediately because it's a ridiculous performance. They are running his campaign based on how hard it was to make the movie, right? I'm tired of hearing about it — that's what he gets paid for! I mean, this was not Nanook of the North for Christ's sake. Give me a break. He got millions of dollars, and I would assume they had heaters.















 



No comments: