Saturday, February 13, 2016

Rest In Peace Justice Scalia...So Long Second Amendment

Very bad new indeed.

I've said before and I'll say it again.  Barrack Obama has something more important than brains or talent.

I saw it during his run up to the 2008 election.  When Democrat machine politics cleared the way for a completely unworkable candidate that no one in the Democrat base wanted as president, in an election cycle that was toxic for the GOP.

I saw it again in 2012, as a hurricane bore down on the east coast and Obama and Romney were finally neck and neck after a cripplingly bad debate performance by the president.  And I knew that Obama's re-election was in the bag because it would let him look Presidential in a crisis with the media's drooling help.  Oh and help of one fuck up of a Republican governor, (goodbye Christie you won't be missed).

Not ability.  Not capability. Not intelligence*.

Nope.  What Obama has is luck.

I simply don't have any faith whatsoever in the Republican Senate to resist whatever Obama appointee we are now going to be saddled with.

And reversing Heller will be the first thing on the new court's to do list.

We have lost the Irreplaceable Man in Justice Antonin Scalia.

UPDATE:
I just read a tweet that said.

MCCONNELL on Scalia: "this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new President.”

Who fished his balls out of Obama's golf bag?


* No matter what his lapdogs insist.  I've seen no evidence at all that Obama is anything more than one standard deviation above the mean IQ.

1 comment:

SciVo said...

I maintain that having a Derangement Syndrome named after you is a strong tell for being a "Master Persuader" (in Scott Adams's terms), as a sign of cognitive dissonance.